You can do them in any order.
- One-word prompt: royal
- Keywords: land, voice, tax, cartoon, font
- Sentence start: Below the bridge at midnight…
- Random: Look out any window in your house. Stand still and describe the bottom left-hand corner of your view.
Have fun, and do paste your writing in the comment boxes below so we can see how you got on!
See below for explanations of the prompts, they do vary…
- Sentence starts = what it says on the tin. You can use it at the beginning of the poem or include it later, and being poetry it doesn’t have to be exact – just be inspired by it.
- Keywords = the words have to appear in the poem but can be in any order and can be lengthened (e.g. clap to clapping).
- One-word prompt = sometimes all it takes is one word to spawn an idea. Sometimes it easy, sometimes hard but invariably fun.
- Mixed bag = an object, a location, a colour.
- Random = whatever takes my fancy!